The Green Box project has passed a milestone this week, as we have completed the design and ordered the production of the first print run of the Green Box of Games.
This Very First Edition is being printed in only 100 copies, which will be made available for sale at the Spiel 2016 Game Fair in Essen this october. If you are going to Essen, you can pre-order your copy here.
The exact components included in the box are:
- 36 tiles, showing one of 6 different symbols on a green background on the front, and a black diamond shape on a brown background on the back. The tiles are 32×32 mm (1.25 in). On both sides they have markings along the sides and in the corners that fit together to construct different kinds of square and hexagonal boards.
- 54 (+2) cards, each showing one of the symbols and a number from 1 to 6, and having a coloured border in one of red, green, blue, yellow, white or black, in addition to a background patter of either a brown, pink or green tint. The cards follow an intricate system to ensure a balance of the combinations of symbols, colours and numbers to be used in different games. The two extra cards includes one promo card with the address to this website and our Facebook-page, and one card containing 4 different incremental number sequences that can be used as references for scoring systems in different games.
- 80 plastic 8mm “Ice Cubes“, 20 of each in the colours red, green, blue and yellow. The cubes were supposed to be wood, but when we placed the order with thegamecrafter.com the wooden cubes were out of stock, and we do not have time to wait for them to come back in if the game is to be ready for Essen.
- 2 standard six-sided dice, 16mm with dots, one white and one black.
- A very small 4-page folded booklet. The booklet does not contain any game rules, only a brief description of the features of the cards and tiles. Anyone buying this set must depend on this website and their own imagination for providing rules.
- The box itself is 21 x 12 x 3.5 cm (8.2 x 4.7 x 1.4 inches). It includes a scoring track with 50 spaces on the back of the box. Since this Very First Edition is not intended for regular retail, there is little promotion material on the box. The scoring track takes the whole back side, and on the sides of the bottom box we have included symbols, numbers and coloured fields that may be used as features in games.
The top and bottom of the box, respectively.
The 4 pages of the booklet.