The Green Box of Games is a board game concept developed by Jørgen Brunborg-Næss. The idea is to create a small box of generic game components that can be used to play a myriad of games. Think of it as a deck of cards, only for board games.
See what other people are saying on our Reviews page.
What is in the box?
- 36 square tiles, with one of 6 different symbols on the front, and identical backsides, that can be used to create any kind of board with a square or hexagonal grid
- 80 10mm cubes in 4 colours
- 54 cards featuring a system of symbols, colours and numbers. Each symbol has 9 cards, and each colour has 9 cards. Read more about the cards here.
- 2 standard dice
What can you do with it?
- Play games (obviously…), including traditional games, adapted versions of modern classics, and original games developed for the system. See list of all games.
- Create your own games! Tweak an existing game, adapt one of your favourite eurogames, or come up with something of your own.
Why would you want it?
- Because having many different games in one small box is great for fitting into a small suitcase/backpack/handbag/cabin/boat/etc.
- Because it’s fun to create and not just play!
How can you get it?
- Download the Print-and-Play files to create your own set
Back it now on Kickstarter(campaign ended)
- Buy the “Second to None Edition”, right here on the website, with international shipping
How can you support it?
- Follow our Facebook page
- Join the discussions in the BGG forums, and subscribe to the game page
- Rate and review the game on BGG
- Share, share, share 🙂
Check out our Project Updates for more information about the concept and development.
Send us your email-address here, and we’ll send you (rare) updates on the project (or see our Contact page):